Spinal Tumor Treatment Options
If you are a patient with metastatic spinal tumors, there are many spinal tumor treatment options to consider and many factors to account for in selecting a treatment plan in conjunction with your oncologist and/or primary physician.
Some important factors to understand when a spinal tumor is involved include:
- Type, size, and location of the primary cancer
- Site(s) to which the disease has metastasized
- Strength of the spinal vertebra(e) affected
- Presence of any neurologic deficit
- Treatments you are undergoing or have undergone
- Your overall health and energy level
Keeping these and other factors in mind, spinal tumor treatment options that you may want to consider include chemotherapy, radiation therapy and radiosurgery, general surgery, and minimally invasive spine procedures, such as cryosurgery or radiofrequency ablation.
Physicians' insights on RF Ablation
STAR Tumor Ablation Procedure