DFINE Clinical Resources
DFINE is committed to building scientific evidence to support the use of our products. To date, DFINE has presented numerous studies at national and international scientific meetings, published in text books and multiple manuscripts are currently under review in peer reviewed journals. In a recently released book entitled, The Comprehensive Treatment of the Aging Spine, Minimally Invasive and Advanced Techniques, published by Elsevier Saunders, the authors present a comprehensive review of the StabiliT® Vertebral Augmentation System. Moving forward the company will continue to invest in clinical studies to further improve the quality of life for patients suffering from vertebral pathologies.
Below is a comprehensive list of studies that review the use of the StabiliT System in the treatment of vertebral compression fractures.
- Pflugmacher R. et al. Continuing Conservative Care versus Cross-Over to Radiofrequency Kyphoplasty: A Comparative Effectiveness Study on the Treatment of Vertebral Body Fractures.
- Pflugmacher R, Bornemann R, Randau T, and Wirtz DC. Comparison of Clinical and Radiological Data in the Treatment of Patients with Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures with Radiofrequency Kyphoplasty or Balloon Kyphoplasty. IOF 2010.
- Erdem E, Akdol S, Amole A, Fryar K, Eberle R. Radiofrequency Kyphoplasty (RFK) for the Treatment of Vertebral Compression Fractures As A Result of Multiple Myeloma. ASSR 2011.
- Miko L, Szikora I, Grohs J, and Murphy K. Initial Clinical Experience with Radio-Frequency Based Vertebral Augmentation in Treatment of Vertebral Compression Fractures. SIR 2009.
- Sewall L, Smith S, and Vlahos A. Clinical Evaluation of Percutaneous Vertebral Augmentation Procedures using Radiofrequency Kyphoplasty in Treatment of 68 Vertebral Compression Fractures. ASBMR 2010.
- Rebolledo BJ, Unnanuntana A, Gladnick BP, Kepler CK, Grant EC, Nguyen JT, Lane JM. A Comparative Study of Four Vertebral Augmentation Techniques: Structure, Alignment and Leakage. AAOS 2010.
- Spinewave, unipedicular BKP and bipedicular BKP. A clinical evaluation comparing Dr. Lane's initial clinical experience with the StabiliT Vertebral Augmentation System to conventional MI Vertical Compression Fracture procedures/devices.
- Pflugmacher R, Randau T, Kabir K, Wirtz D. Radiofrequenty (RF) Kyphoplasty in the Treatment of Osteolytic Vertebral Fractures. IOF WCO-ECCEO10, 2010.
- Pflugmacher R, Randau T, Kabir K, Wirtz D. Radiofrequency (RF) Kyphoplasty in Comparison to (VP) Vertebroplasty: A Prospective evaluation. IOF WCO-ECCEO10, 2010.
Contact your local DFINE Sales Representative to discuss these and other clinical studies order hard copies of any of the above materials, or click here to request that the items be sent to your practice.