Understanding Metastatic Spinal Tumors
- Bartels R, van der Linden Y, and van der Graaf W. “Spinal Extradural Metastasis: Review of Current Treatment Options.” CA Cancer J Clin. 2008;58:245-259.
- Kurup AN and Callstrom MR. “Ablation of skeletal metastases: Current status.” J VascInterv Radiol. 2010;21:S242-S250.
- Arnautovic K and Arnautovic A. “Extramedullaryintradural spinal tumors: a review of modern diagnostic and treatment options and a report of a series.” Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2009; 9 Suppl 1:40-45.
- Cardoso ER, Ashamalla H, Weng L, Mokhtar B, Ali S, Macedon M, and Guirguis A. “Percutaneous tumor curettage and interstitial delivery of samarium-153 coupled with kyphoplasty for treatment of vertebral metastases.” J. Neurosurg Spine 2009;10:336-342.
- Wong DA, Fornasier VL, and MacNab I. “Spinal metastases: the obvious, the occult, and the impostors.” Spine. 1990;15(1):1-4.
- Ortiz Gómez JA. “The incidence of vertebral body metastases.” IntOrthop. 1995;19:309-311.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons. 2007.
Spinal Tumor Treatment Options
- Di Staso M, et al., “A feasibility study of percutaneous radiofrequency ablation followed by radiotherapy in the management of painful osteolytic bone metastases.” Eur Radiol. 2011; 21:2004-2010.
- Lane MD, et al., “Combined radiofrequency ablation and cementoplasty for palliative treatment of painful neoplastic bone metastasis: experience with 53 treated lesions in 36 patients.” Skeletal Radiol. 2011; 40:25-32.
- Kurup AN and Callstrom MR. “Ablation of skeletal metastases: Current status.” J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2010;21:S242-S250.
- Dupuy DE, Dawei L, Hartfeil D, Hanna L, Blume JD, Ahrar K, Lopez R, Safran H and DiPetrillo T. “Percutaneous Radiofrequency Ablation of Painful Osseous Metastases”, Cancer. 2009;116(4):989-997.
Physicians' insights on RF Ablation
STAR Tumor Ablation Procedure